Sunday, June 09, 2013

Honor the Gift Giver

"He who loves with purity considers not the gift of the lover, but the love of the giver."Thomas a Kempis


Is it possible to be grateful for what we have and give thanks and credit to the One who is the Giver of all good gifts? I believe that we can. In my lifetime, I have encountered people who are very grateful for what they have but they give credit to the universe or karma, but not to the Triune God, our Abba Father.  
It is so easy to forget to just be grateful never mind to give Thanks to the One who is due the honor of thanks and acknowledgement of the Gift Giver. 
So my prayer is that I will be able to give thanks in all things (which does not require a prerequisite of giving thanks for all things) no matter how difficult, no matter how painful, no matter how vulnerable and exposed I feel, and especially on occasions of joy, excitement and blessings of all kinds. May I be overflowing with thanksgiving to the One True God. I do not want to take God for granted. The other prayer is that I continue to learn to practice the Presence of God and simply be grateful for my LORD JESUS Christ who has redeemed me from sin and death and will One day make me NEW, an everlasting daughter. 

"We can be certain that God will give us the strength and resources we need to live through any situation in life that he ordains. The will of God will never take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us." 
Billy Graham

No comments: