Monday, June 10, 2013

Books

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I own more books than I have read but I am attempting to read more. 
Currently reading:
 Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry (recommended by Grace, Michael and Katie in that order). From the Garden to the City by John Dyer, The Redeeming and Corrupting Power of Technology is the subtitle(I had the good fortune of sitting under John's teaching and visiting with him and his dear wife, Amber this past week at Gordon-Conwell) Dan and I just finished The Meaning of Marriage by Tim & Kathy Keller. The Kellers give a sobering and biblical look at marriage for the long haul. A great source of encouragement. Yesterday we started Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers. Dr. Arthur Boers was another one of the speaker at the Conference that I attended. It is about prioritizing in the sea of distractions. Last but not least, The Holy Bible with its multiple human authors and the One Divine Author; it is the Word of God. 

Books on deck is Forever by Paul David Tripp. Eternity anyone...we will all face it. Within the Walls by Stephanie Bennett is a futuristic novel. 

No comments: