Saturday, June 01, 2013

Accordingly


I will recount the steadfast love of the Lord,
the praises of the Lord,
according to all that the Lord has granted us,
and the great goodness to the house of Israel
that he has granted them according to his compassion,
according to the abundance of his steadfast love. Psalm 63:7

The beginning of the week in one way or another thoughtful Americans remember those who have given their lives in service to our country, in service to us. 
It has been some time since I have posted and I was inspired by Memorial Day to start off with gratitude. No matter what is going on in the world or in our lives, anytime is a good time to cultivate a grateful heart. Sometimes we have to push through a lot of stuff to get there. If we start with thanksgiving I believe it will help carry us through some of the hardest times.
It has been quite some time since I have written on my blog. Today, I started with getting some perspective on the day through what Mark Dever says is Jesus' descriptions of his followers Matthew 5-7, then I went on to Romans 8 and Galatians 5. Living by the Spirit is much more challenging than living by the rules or what some call salvation by works. There is not a whole lot that I want to say about what I read. I will say this: I am grateful for the Bible and for the Bibles that I own. In fact, the reason that I even read something by Mark Dever is I started to read the articles that are in my ESV Study Bible. It is great to read and be directed right back into the Scriptures. It is where I need to be. What a gift to be hungry and thirsty for the Word of God. My prayer is that I can never get enough until the day I die.

No comments: