Sunday, June 02, 2013

Believing God’s promises

"As surely as God is faithful, our word to you has not been Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory."  2Corinthians 1:18-20

"all the promises of God find their Yes in him." 

From Genesis to Revelation there are promises that God makes to his people. Some have been fulfilled and others have not yet come to pass and still others are promises that are for all time. 

I heard Tullian Tchividjian say that "the struggle we all face is unbelief." We fail to believe God particularly his promises. One that is repeated over and over is God's love for his people. In Psalm 136 it states 26 times, "his[God's] steadfast love endures forever." It is His love for me that baffles me especially when I am so aware of my sin. And even in that He sent Jesus to die for my sins, to make it possible for me to even approach God in prayer and address Him as Father. 

In Romans 8 Paul tells us that NOTHING can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Oh, how I am grateful for this truth. God is SO much greater than my sin and anything disastrous in all the world. His Steadfast Love endures forever.

No comments: