Friday, June 07, 2013

Grateful & Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Meister Eckhart is credited with the quote: "If the only prayer you ever pray is Thank You that would be enough."
What an acknowledgement of the Sovereign King, the LORD of Lords, the Triune God, Creator, Ruler, Sustainer of ALL things.

Today I am grateful for my husband, always supporting and encouraging me to pursue what it is the Lord would have me do, as I have been in the midst of transitioning from a season of life that has been rich and full and SUCH a blessing, having raised 3 children and educating them at home.
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary treats women the way the LORD would intend for them to be treated as equals, who are also the called out ones, willing to educate and equip them to serve the LORD our King, Jesus. It was so refreshing to be around men who not only care for women but respect them and are humble enough to learn from women.
There is a great disservice happening in our churches and in various groups of Christians. Women have been given gifts and talents from God and often these go untapped and women who are IN CHRIST are suppressed from LIVING the ABUNDANT LIFE that the LORD Jesus has given us.

"Now tthere are varieties of gifts, but uthe same Spirit; and vthere are varieties of service, but uthe same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is uthe same God who empowers them all in everyone. wTo each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good." 1Corinthians 12:4-7  


BUT there is GREAT HOPE because of places like Gordon-Conwell and women like Dr. Stephanie Bennett, Dr. Alexandra Cist, and Dr. Roslind Picard who were a part of the 2 day conference that I just attended, The Promise and Challenge of Technology. The attendees were mostly men and dare I say that women are not encouraged to go to these types of events. O How women need to go to these types of events. It was such an encouragement on so many levels. The speakers challenged us to explore, discover and create for God's glory. There is much that I need to think over, ponder and read about, but for now, I am full of thanksgiving to God for the opportunity that I had the past couple of days and I look forward to fleshing it out and gaining some clarity for myself.

No comments: