Tuesday, January 23, 2007

War of Words
This is the title of the book I am now using for my daily devotional. It is recommended by my friend Teresa Moon and written by Paul David Tripp. Yesterday, I did say there was hope in winning the war of words and the words from this book are not new, however they are important. C.S. Lewis said, "we do not so much need to be taught as to be reminded."

"we must learn to think before we speak" that is something I read this morning. How many times have I said this to my own children? or to myself after the "toothpaste is out of the tube"? Mr. Tripp refers us to
Proverbs 15 verse 28, "The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil." This is not a new lesson but sometimes it is forgotten. There are moments like the one in the van where I wish I had just paused for a moment and sought the Lord before I spoke. We can! but we must remember. My prayer is that I would take enough time to stop in my tracks and turn to the Lord and ask, will these words bring glory to YOU, Lord? and will these words be beneficial to my hearers?

Looking to be bold by the Might of the Lion of Judah,
Catherine

No comments: