Saturday, February 03, 2007

No more babies
Tomorrow my youngest child will turn 14. It is really hitting me today. My oldest is taking steps to her next adventure that may mean leaving home soon. Our three children are very close in age 17,15,and 14 and I am so blessed. No there is nothing new under the sun. Babies are born, become toddlers, children and at present teenagers or young adults, soon to be adults.
A while ago I had a conversation with a friend of mine who does not believe that your adult children can become your friends. I totally 100% disagree with that sentiment. I am looking forward to being great friends with our young people. Those friendships are already beginning to blossom with our oldest and the other 2 are not far behind. Investing in these relationships I believe is going to be very rewarding.

Happy Birthday Michael!


1 comment:

The Intersection said...

I feel honored to be called your friend.
:-)
Love,
Grace