Monday, August 16, 2004

On August 11th I wrote the following: (I realized that what we experienced is practically nothing to what our friends and relatives in southwest FL are experiencing now)
I am sitting here in the dark. It is Grace's 15th birthday and we had one doozie of a storm that has left us without power. My laptop has a battery so I am using it. Everyone including Dan has gone to bed. The children are bunking out in Grace's room. We will be leaving here in just over a week. The packing is coming along.
'we just returned from York, PA where we visited with my cousins, aunt and uncle. It was good to be with them. We really did enjoy fun, food and fellowship and fireworks. Shelley even had fireworks for us the first night we were there. Aren't we special?!!
I think I will hit the hay too. I will write more later after changing my address with different folks and packing some more oh, and finishing the birthday shopping for Katie.
BTW I am not old enough to have a 15 year old, right?
Dan celebrated his 41st bday in PA, today Grace and Katie will be on the 22nd.

No comments: