Monday, July 18, 2005

Not the same around here without Grace
Grace has been in Southeast Tennessee for 8 days at Summit (where she will remain til the end of the week). Summit is an educational Christian ministry whose very existence is a response to our current post-Christian culture. Their goal is to not only equip young people to defend their faith but to also influence our society in a positive way.

I do not know how much Grace will post about her experience. This past weekend she went caving and whitewater rafting. Yesterday, I had an actually conversation with her (her phone calls have been very brief but upbeat). It sounds to me like she is having a blast. As many of you know, this is the longest she has ever been away from home and we all seem to be handling it quite well. Of course, we all miss her but we are happy that she is having a great and fulfilling time.
Pilgrim thought
Today, I realized, as I was emptying the dishwasher that we still have too many cups in the cabinet. We have scaled back considerably since we started traveling, but I could still have a house full for coffee. And wouldn't you know, I was at a thrift store not that long ago and replaced some of the glasses that had broken recently and Dan stopped at a yard sale and bought one more glass because he thought I would like it. The problem is I do like it and it will be hard to get rid of....perhaps, I ought to plan on making a donation to Salvation Army and a local yard sale before leaving TN.
As my kids say, "Peace Out"
or
Pax Vobiscum
[might be more in my age bracket]
CM

No comments: