Tuesday, November 01, 2011


NanoWrimo is here. Our family has been participating in NanoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month = November) since 2005 when we lived in Quechee, VT. For more info go here. So, we are 8 hours in and I have not written a word. Not to worry, I will begin later. At least I know what I am writing about this year.

The story begins in the mid 1990's families across the country have taken on the responsibility and challenge of educating their own at home. (a topic that I am intimately familiar with) The focus we be upon this family that shelters their children into late adolescence which cripples them in their early adulthood. My story can be summarized by a recent tweet of mine where I quoted my husband, "Some homeschooling parents interpret the verse to say, "You are to be as wise as serpents and as ignore as ostriches." This is a harsh reality in the homeschooling community. Parents hearts have been broken. Young lives shattered.

Shout outs to Dan, Grace, Katie and Michael! My wonderful family. God has blessed me so much. I am grateful for each and everyone of you! All NanoWrimo winners and beautiful loving people. I love you guys!

No comments: