Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Meditation for the Day
from Twenty-Four Hour a Day devotional

"The eternal God is thy refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms." Sheltering arms express the loving protection of God's spirit. Human beings, in their troubles and difficulties need nothing so much as a refuge, a place to relax where they can lay down their burdens and get relief from cares. Say to yourself: "God is my refuge." Say it until its truth sinks into your very soul. Say it until you know it and are sure of it. Nothing can seriously upset you or make you afraid, if God is truly your refuge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How true this is.
Life is so simple.
(I'd like someone to explain to me why it is so complicated to live out the simple)

This reminds me of the Jon Foreman song where he sings,
"Two things you've told me, that you are strong, and you love me.
So, why do I worry? Why do I freak out?...You know what I need. Your love is strong."