Sunday, June 12, 2005

Years ago some one said, "don't use your homeschool support as your church family." How compartmentalized was that statement? I believe the statement lacked wisdom and insight. I believe the statement diminished the reality of the family of God, the church. I know that "the church" is a living organism that cannot be confined to buildings made of mortar, steel, wood, a name or location. The Spirit is alive and well among God's people and residing in their hearts.

Grace and I just returned from San Diego, CA and NCFCA'S National Speech and Debate Tournament 2005. These people from around the country are our brothers and sisters in Christ. (it is afterall the National Christian Forensics & Communications Association) Whenever, wherever in whatever circumstances we find ourselves, when 2 or more gather together for any reason in the name of Jesus Christ, He is in our midst and we are called to operate as the body of Christ. This was definitely the case. I felt encouraged and I encouraged others.

Our club FUSION was there for me when I needed them. I found myself in need of prayer and I went to my sisters, we prayed together. We are a speech and debate club who are addressing life issues from a Biblical worldview in a manner that glorifies God, i.e., first we are brothers and sisters in Christ. It is not for us to leave our identity in Christ at the door; in fact, it is quite the opposite. We want that to be evident in our dealings with one another and the world we live in. I can not tell you how grateful I am to have people who love the Lord and want so much for their children to become loving truth tellers in our midst wherever we live.

Grace and I reconnected with friends we have from MA and new friends we have made this year. Competition was stiff. It was encouraging to hear people besides myself surprised that Grace did not advance into the outrounds with her Red Sox Speech. As far as originality and passion, Grace was better than at least half the people I heard in the finals. (yes, I am bias, but the others are more objective, especially those who could care less about baseball and that was reaffirming)

Overall, we enjoyed being at Nationals on a college campus overlooking the Pacific and getting to see some of San Diego, CA. I treasure these times as I see Grace's adulthood fastly approaching with her sister and brother not far behind. God is good and faithful.

No comments: