Saturday, July 09, 2011

"Would you like to come over for tea? With the Mrs. and me?" *


There are LOTS of changes going on in my family life. I have updated my profile but not my blog layout. (It will come)

Here are a few of the things that I have been learning as of late:

I am working my way through Joomla tutorials which pretty much puts me as low (wo)man on the totem pole of the IT crowd at church.

Staying up today with the digital world will keep aging minds sharp....tired but sharp.

Pondering: to Tweet or not to Tweet???

Young adults need their parents to let them make mistakes and to bring them before the throne of grace continually. In this life, we need to roll with the changes, come what may.
FYI: Children don't stay children for very long.

There are too many great books and not enough time to read them all.

Forest was right: Life [definitely] is like a box a chocolate. You never know what you are going to get.

That there is still a world of opportunity out there. So many choices.

I really do love New England! However, there is still a lot of this world to see.

Really, I am not going to Disney but perhaps I ought to go to SixFlags for this

2Corinthians 1;1-7
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God and Timothy our brother, To the church of God that is at Corinth, with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

*Title is from the song Dayton Ohio 1903 by Randy Newman


No comments: