Sunday, May 01, 2011

Books and Blogs
You might say, I read a number of books and blogs. I have never had a problem writing and underlining in books including my Bible and I am trying to find the equivalent of that in the blogsphere. I think it will probably be via copy and paste or one might say extraction.

Here is my first go:

"It is good for us to have trials and troubles at times, for they often remind us that we are on probation and ought not to hope in any worldly thing."

- Thomas a Kempis
from the blog the Thinklings www.thinklings.org Of course, these guys are quoting a cool dead guy.

“The hard work is washing your hands of you and resting in Christ’s finished work for you–which will inevitably produce personal improvement and moral progress. Progress in obedience happens when our hearts realize that God’s love for us does not depend on our progress in obedience. “

- Tullian Tchividjian http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tullian/2011/04/13/rethinking-progress/


“One time I was en route home from a weekend of speaking and was in the Minneapolis airport waiting for my plane to Rochester. I was people watching, killing time, and noticed my UPS deliveryman checking in at the gate.He turned and noticed me, and I said I recognized him. “I recognize you too,”he replied, and then rattled off my address. “I have no idea of your name,” he said with an apologetic smile. “I just know addresses.” It was interesting to discover how much he knew about us simply from all the packages he had delivered over the months.”

-Denis Haack http://blog4critique.blogspot.com/2011/02/four-holy-gospels.html

These are just 3 of the blogs I read on a semi regular basis. Next time I will have to share some quotes from books that I have recently read.

No comments: