Thursday, January 01, 2009

EACH DAY

The other day on the phone with a really good friend of mine she said something in passing that hit me between the eyes because I had just written it also in passing, "living one day at a time is probably the best way to live." The thought occurred to me that it isn't just some plans I want in the works perhaps it is just control that I want. Part of the adventure of life is seeing how the plan unfolds.

At the same time there is nothing wrong with making plans and goals, writing them down and looking to execute them. There has to be a willingness to be flexible because life has a habit of altering our plans. So, when I got off the phone I suddenly felt hopeful, that it was OK to want to have plans but in fact it is really important to live and stay in the day.

I head into the new year with goals, hope and a renewed fervor for the day.

Thanks GML.

No comments: